Information Received: We may receive personal and non-public information regarding clients and borrowers in connection with insurance claims and the use of our website and associated software to process such claims. This information (“Personal Information”) may include, without limitation, names, home or work addresses and phone numbers, email addresses, gender, race, social security numbers, insurance policy details, details of claims and related facts and information, and other personal information.
Information about your computer hardware and software may be collected by us for the operation of our website and software, to maintain quality of our website and software, and to provide general statistics regarding use of our website and software. This information may include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, etc.
Limited Use and Disclosure: We may use, disclose and transfer any Personal Information that is provided through our website and software to any entity that our client directs, or as necessary to provide our claims processing services, including, without limitation, to applicable insurance companies in connection with processing of claims. We handle all Personal Information in accordance with our agreements with clients and only use or disclose Personal Information if we have a right or duty to do so, or are permitted or compelled to disclose such information by law, or in connection with our provision of claims processing services. We may use and share aggregated data and information that provides aggregated or overall data and statistics regarding use of the website and software, but which is not traceable to any particular client or website user and does not contain any Personal Information that would connect such aggregated data and information to any particular client or borrower.
Third Party Websites: We are not responsible for the privacy statements, terms and conditions, or other policies or content on websites outside of our website, or for any use of information or data collected by such third party websites, regardless of whether links to such third party websites are provided on our website.
Policies and Procedures: We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of any Personal Information very seriously. Our policies and procedures have been developed to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information and to help achieve compliance with relevant rules and regulations. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural protections that comply with applicable legal standards to store and secure Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with those policies, procedures, rules and regulations. As a part of our privacy policies:
- We endeavor to collect, use and maintain Personal Information only for appropriate purposes. We limit the collection, use and retention of Personal Information to what is authorized by each specific client and reasonably believe will help us deliver superior service, to administer our business, manage our risks, market our services and products, and to meet applicable laws and regulations.
- We do not share Personal Information with affiliates or with others except as directed by clients or as necessary in connection with performing our claims processing services. We do not sell or provide Personal Information to any third party for any purpose other than providing claims processing services for clients pursuant to applicable agreements with clients.
- We may disclose Personal Information we have about clients as required by law. For example, we may share Personal Information with regulatory authorities and law enforcement officials who have jurisdiction over us, or if we are required to do so by applicable law, or to provide information to protect against fraud.
Best Practices: As part of DIMONT’s commitment to ensure the highest standard of security on our systems, our clients and their individual employees play an essential role to ensure that they are adequately protected when you use our web access. The following security best practices are recommended for our clients' staff:
- Confirm the regular renewal of anti-virus, anti-spyware and other internet security software on your PC. Use it regularly and keep it up-to-date.
- If you notice suspicious activity in your accounts, report it immediately to the appropriate parties.
- Do not download or open any attachments sent to you by unsolicited email. Once opened, these programs may contain malicious programs that can compromise your PC's security.
- Be on the alert for phishing scams. Access websites by typing the web addresses directly into your web browser or by using web addresses you have bookmarked, instead of via embedded links in unsolicited emails. If you feel you may have received a fraudulent email appearing to come from DIMONT, please contact your client relations manager, or email us at email@example.com.
Last Updated: March 9, 2017.